LEARN TO KNIT: LEVEL 1
Learn to Knit: Level 1
with Jules Huntsberger
Saturday 10/5 and 10/19
1:30pm - 3:30pm
Cost per person: $40
Pattern: Garter Stitch Mitts by Jules Huntsberger
- A copy of the pattern will be provided to each student during class
Sample: Sample is knit up in Weepaca by Big Bad Wool. One skein was used.
Ability Level: No experience necessary. This class is designed for absolute beginners.
Learn to knit in this introductory class designed for beginners. We will focus on the foundation of it all, the knit stitch, and use this building block to make a pair of simple fingerless mitts. We will also cover holding your needles and yarn, reading a basic knitting pattern, casting on and binding off your project, and some simple finishing skills. This class will meet for two 2-hour sessions, with homework in between.
Supply list for class:
- 100 yards of worsted weight yarn
- Select a yarn that has a smooth finish, nothing too fuzzy, and avoid very dark colors like black or navy blue
- One 24” US size 7 circular needle (if you’re purchasing needles for the class, get these ones)
- If you already own any of the following, they may be used instead:
- US 7 or 8 circular needle any length 24” - 36”
- US 7 or 8 straight needles
- Tapestry needle
Registration and Cancellation:
- Register in-person at Tia Dana with cash or check payment. Phone registrations are accepted, but your spot in class is not confirmed until Dana receives your payment.
- If you cancel your registration at least 48 hours in advance of the class, you will receive a full refund. If your cancellation is less than 48 hours in advance then your class is fee is non-refundable.
- If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, inclement weather, or instructor illness, you will be notified as soon as possible and will receive a full refund.